The following guidelines show how the work of Models is categorized on the site.
• Any portrait, close-up or from the waist up.
• All portraits are categorized as face modeling regardless the fashion and styling elements.
• Magazine Covers are categorized as Editorial Modeling regardless if they are face shots.
• Full body shots with the model in fashion clothes or styling
• Three quarters shot with prominent fashion elements or styling
• Long shots that clearly show the model clothes and have fairly clean background.
• Underwear / Lingerie / Swimwear shots are categorized as Body Modeling.
• Full body or three quarter shots with the model in underwear/lingerie/swimwear.
• Photos displaying prominently the naked torso and abs.
• Artistic implied nude shots.
• Lingerie/Underwear/Swimwear shots that have the majority of the skin covered in a garment are categorized as Fashion Modeling.
• Implied nudes that are dark or conceptual are kept uncategorized.
• Visually promotes a non-fashion product
• Disguised as a character
• Uniforms are worn or promoted
• Equipment and gear for an activity is worn
• Objects worn or used redirect to a concept
• see Acknowledgements
• Magazine covers
• Long shots with directed or styled background
• Long shots with models acting in a styled theme
• see Acknowledgements
• The model appears in a cat-walk show
1. Editorial modeling in reality commonly refers to various types of modeling that are used as editorial content in magazines. However in order to facilitate a clearly distinctive category we deliberately place only a) magazine covers and b) themed long shots with styled or directed background.
2. Commercial Modeling commonly refers to various types of modeling including fashion. However in order to facilitate a clearly distinctive category we deliberately place work where is less fashion-oriented and the model takes an active role towards a theme/idea/concept or product.
3. It is possible that from the same photoshot, a close up will be placed as Face Modeling, a body shot as Fashion/Body Modeling and a long shot as Editorial Modeling. This is accepted as as long as it is done in moderation. Redundant photos cause clutter to viewers and are removed when in excess.